Monday, September 29, 2014

3 Ways to Rock Pregnancy at Work

Everyone knows, if you work in a medical office or any office really, getting pregnant [or married] is said to be contagious. A close friend of mine, newlywed, & ER nurse tells me all the time the headcount of pregnant ladies in her department. The other day she called me to tell me she, too, is expecting. My response was 'congratulations, now your time can go from poop, farts, and taking temperatures to...wait for it....mini poop, farts, and temperatures. WooHoo! -the glamorous life of motherhood. Honestly, I am loving being a new mom even though my life as of 5 weeks ago has been all poop, farts, and boobs. While I was pregnant, and even now,  wear a lot of leggings and flowing  tops to work. But my customers who wear scrubs to work cant get away with that. Quality uniforms aren't cheap, especially flattering ones for pregnancy.

Ill let you in on a little secret. Maternity scrubs are often less flattering than just going up a size in your regular scrubs. Dont get me wrong, they have their place. Get a pair of the full coverage maternity pants, you'll appreciate it, especially those of you who plan to work up to your due date like me. None of the uniforms below are maternity. This picture was 1 week before I delivered [5 days past my due date] wearing the most flexible fabric we carry (Koi's Sapphire top with Jockey flex bottoms).


Cutting edge uniform brands like Koi, Jockey, Dickies, & Bio are making scrubs with innovative fabrics that stretch and move with the contour of your body. Baby belly is no exception. I love the new Jockey pants were my favorite because of the soft cotton waist band, wrinkle-free fabric, & multi-direction stretch. Seriously, it had me at wrinkle-free, aint nobody got time to iron! Buy some pieces that stretch.



You don't have to go out & buy a whole maternity wardrobe for pregnancy. How can you look fab on a budget? The pic above shows Melinda & I comparing a non stretch top (Barco Summer - Deja) something I could wear after pregnancy, money saved! Just go up a size. Which means you can still shop clearance. Also, I hung 100% cotton tops to dry. Now, since they are a bit baggy, I dry them, they shrink some & fit pretty good. Worried about them fading? Use a bit of vinegar in your wash to keep the colors from fading.

You don't have to go out & buy a whole maternity wardrobe for pregnancy.


As you can see, being prego doesn't mean you have to wear scrubs to work that make you look like MC Hammer either


Don't forget to take care of yourself too. Start practicing it now, once that baby is here, you'll forget all about your own needs. Remember looking fab helps you to feel fab. -And it doesnt have to cost an arm & a leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment